Motorway skills post L-Test
DVSA Fleet Registered Instructor providing motorway training
Congratulations on passing your “L”Test and we wish you safe driving.
A two hour motorway training session can immensely help you to become even more confident and defensive driver. The benefits are:
• Enabling you to gain quality driving experience safely. Our Instructor holds advanced qualifications in Driving. Click this http://essexroadsigns.org/about.html or visit www.essexroadsigns.org
• You will become a more skillful driver •A positive driving style…….both enjoyable and safe.
• Reducing your risk of being involved in a road crash.
• Understand “Smart mortorways or Active Traffic Management.”
• understand lane procedures and overtaking safely
• Understand the blind spots of left hand European lorry drivers
At Farrah Driver Training you will receive quality motorway training.
Motorway Training Syllabus Introduction.
Your instructor will check your licence and eyesight. Two Hour Session On the Motorway (M25 & M11) 1 hour in daylight and the second 1 hour involves night time motorway driving. You will notice the difference in traffic and an increase in HGV’s.
• As a learner you have never been exposed to a motorway. Motorways have their own set of rules and signs.
Topics covered will include:
• Planning your journey
• Joining and leaving a motorway
•Safe speed in different circumstances
• Effective observations, scanning near, middle and far distance.
• Signs, signals and marking.
• 2 hours of solid training on the M25 & M11.
This course is also suitable for qualified drivers who need refresher training.
The Instructor will also cover how to deal with:
• Fatigue, how to avoid and what action to take.
• Use of hazard warning lights
• Motorway debris
• Breakdown procedure, including how to deal with an off-side tyre puncture or blow- out.
There is no Test to be done, assessment will be done by your Instructor. Positive and constructive feedback will be given to you
Cost to You?
An average person usually spends between £800 – £1200 in driving lessons, in preparing to pass the “L” Test. Our structured course is £100.00. An investment of £100.00 is quite minimal when you consider the advantages and lifetime benefits of doing proper motorway training with a Fleet ADI rather than having mum/dad or relatives to guide/train you.